Extracted from Paul Sloane via Innovation Tools:
Many mission statements are boring, long-winded, long on platitudes and short on inspiration. Here are some good ones:
- Lego – To nurture the child in each of us.
- Disney Corporation – To use our imagination to bring happiness to millions of people.
- Merck – We are in the business of preserving and improving human life.
- Tesco – To create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty.
- 3M – To be the most innovative enterprise in the world.
- WPP – To develop and manage talent; to apply that talent throughout the world for the benefit of clients; to do so in partnership; to do so for profit.
- Glaxo, Smith, Kline – To improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.