The show will feature seminars/speakers, workshops and speed networking opportunities together with some special events such as the Angels Den and The Boardroom.
They advertise a very wide range of speakers, including James Caan, Felicity McCarthy (Facebook) and Levi Roots, so it sounds like there should be something for everyone.
I went to a previous Show (the 26th, held in November 2010, writeup here) and was quite impressed. In particular, I enjoyed (and felt quite inspired by) the talks of James Caan, who will also be speaking at the coming show, and Penny Power.
Here’s their advice on speed-networking opportunities:
Can you comprehensively describe your business and intentions in just one minute? It’s harder than it sounds, which is why it must be perfect. Pitch perfect. Don’t waste anyone’s time, including your own.
Here are our top tips for speed networking:
- Be genuine, don’t exaggerate or embellish.
- Be concise, don’t digress or waffle
- Know your goals, what you want to say and achieve
- Know your business, what it can offer, what it needs
- Understand and convey why your business is special
- Have confidence – you’ll be recognised as a strong resource
- Bring an abundance of quality business cards
- Follow up! Schedule time in your diary to return calls and catch up with fellow networkers. If you don’t, it’ll be a waste of everyone’s time.